Outline: Maintaining a free flow of information across the District to ensure that every Explorer Scout has access to the full Explorer Scout Programme offered by every Explorer Scout Unit and across the District.
Responsible for: N\A
Responsible to: District Explorer Scout Commissioner
Main Contacts: District Explorer Scout Commissioner, Explorer Scout Leaders, Explorer Scout Leaders (Young Leaders), Assistant Explorer Scout Leaders. All Explorer Scouts within the District, Group Scout Leaders, Scout Leaders, County Scout Network Commissioner, local Scout Network Co-ordinators, and County Scout Network Administrator.
Appointment Requirements: To understand and accept The Scout Association’s policies, have a satisfactory DBS clearance and Completion of Module 1, Essential Information. Computer skills relating to database and spreadsheet management, access to email and the Internet would also be useful.
It’s expected that whilst volunteering for this role you will undertake regulated activity.
- Development and upkeep of the District Explorer Scout Records.
- Keep and maintain records of all Partnership Agreements set up between supporting bodies and
- Explorer Scout Units and that all subsequent updated copies are also kept.
- Keep records of all Explorer Scout meetings held at District level.
- Liaise with GSL(s) and Scout Leader(s) in order to maintain a register of Scout Section members over the age of 13, to assist recruitment in Explorer Scout Units through the effective use of the moving on award.
- Communicate with potential Explorer Scouts to make them aware of the opportunities available to them in Explorer Scouting.
- Inform the CSNC and local Scout Network Co-ordinators of all potential Network members.
- Maintain a high level of Communication with all Explorer Scouts and Explorer Scout Leaders in the District, to assist retention.
- Any other tasks as agreed with District Explorer Scout Commissioner.