As volunteers, it’s important that we are able to communicate with each other efficiently.
We need to ensure that we:
- don’t miss things
- aren’t flooded with information
- aren’t wasting precious time
We can achieve these aims by keeping communications as simple as possible, but also by using technology which is available to us.
After consultation, we’ve agreed to move to a new strategy of communicating between Members:
- Email (click here for more)
- to send out information that shouldn’t be missed
- best for one way communication rather than discussions
- Website (click here for more)
- for information which is useful to know
- for information which needs to be easy to find and stays put
- Slack (click here for more)
- for conversations & discussions
- for instant messaging
- sometimes it’s good to talk!
For project management and planning we will use:
- Meetings (click here for more)
- For when face to face is important
- Trello (click here for more)
- For keeping track of projects in between meetings
For external communications we will use: