We need to be strict about deadlines for bookings for District Events.
Each event has a deadline date and we need leaders to collect any fees in from their members in good time to make a single payment for the whole Section.
There may be times when additional numbers may be allowed after the deadline – but these are at the event organisers discretion (perhaps where there are spare seats on a coach which it would be a financial benefit to fill) and are never guaranteed.
So here’s the steps:
- Book online via wrexhamscouts.org.uk/events
- Check your inbox for the pending email (could be in junk/spam)
- Pay as follows:
- Pay online from your Group/Unit account to Wrexham District Scout Council, CAF Bank, Sort Code 40-52-40 Account No 00032873 quoting your Booking ID in the reference field
- Raise a single Group/Unit cheque payable to ‘Wrexham District Scouts’ and place in an envelope together with a print-out of this email, and place in the post box at the top of the stairs at District HQ
- Raise a single Group/Unit cheque payable to ‘Wrexham District Scouts’ and place in an envelope together with a print-out of this email, and post direct to Sandra Jones – address will be in the pending email
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS
- Once we’ve received your payment (and only then) we’ll approve your booking and you’ll get a second email
- Print this email out as your proof of booking and take to the event
Hope this is clear. I know that you will often get parents complaining to you about one child going and their’s not, and giving excuses why they didn’t pay in time – but I need to ask you to be fair but firm with them and say you can’t accept their booking. Explain it’s out of your hands and pass them on to Moz if you need to.
Those who put on these events spend a lot of time planning, arranging, shopping and booking beforehand, and often stay behind for hours after clearing up and putting things away. All leaders will appreciate this I hope, so please do help us help them by following this simple procedure.